Free Acurus Network Security Review
Acurus Network Service security including Firewall and SD-WAN protects your entire network with advanced security.
Why you need a Network Security Review
Network security refers to the technologies and policies used to defend any network, network traffic, and network-accessible assets from cyber-attacks, un-authorised access, and data loss. It must protect at both the edge and inside the network, with a layered approach.
Networks are continually growing and evolving, and new technologies increase the attack surface and open the door to new threats. At the same time, cyber criminals are launching increasingly sophisticated attacks. The following are common challenges to securing networks:
- Network performance slowdowns
- Protecting against sophisticated, targeted attacks
- Lack of visibility into entire network
- Complexity: too many disparate products
- Shortage of skilled IT professionals
What Network security solutions do Acurus offer?
The largest component of network security is a next-generation firewall. But to truly protect the network other technologies are required and effective network security requires a holistic approach. Essentially, to protect an organisation’s entire attack surface, a layered approach with security solutions for all areas of the network must work together as an integrated and collaborative security fabric.
Next-Generation Firewall, Secure SD-WAN and
Unified Threat Protection
FortiGate Next Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) enable security-driven networking and consolidate industry-leading security capabilities such as intrusion prevention system (IPS), web filtering, secure sockets layer (SSL) inspection, and automated threat protection. Fortinet NGFWs meet the performance needs of highly scalable, hybrid IT architectures, enabling organisations to reduce complexity and manage security risks.
SD-WAN stands for Software-Defined Wide-Area-Networking. It uses software to intelligently make decisions about your network that would normally take a human a long time, such as detecting a broken link and re-routing traffic to another working link or prioritising an important phone call down the fastest link.
Unified Threat Protection
A Unified Threat Protection (UTP) system is imperative to businesses who want top level security that still allows their business to grow. A UTP is a type of network hardware appliance, virtual appliance or cloud service that protects businesses from security threats in a simplified way by combining and integrating multiple security services and features.
As part of the Fortinet Security Fabric
the following products provide additional security:
FortiAnalyzer provides security fabric analytics and automation to provide better detection and response against cyber risks.
FortiManager supports network operations use cases for centralised management, best practices compliance, and workflow automation to provide better protection against breaches.
FortiClient Enterprise Management Server (EMS)
FortiClient EMS enables scalable and centralised management of multiple endpoints (computers). And provides efficient and effective administration of endpoints running FortiClient.
FortiSandbox is key part of Fortinet’s integrated and automated Advanced Threat Protection solution. Recommended by NSS Labs, FortiSandbox is designed to detect and analyse advanced attacks designed to bypass traditional security defenses.
Key Areas of Review
Discuss your existing network with a focus on security
A review of your current corporate network service, including its performance, cost, manageability, flexibility to be changed or have it capacity increased.
You will learn:
- What SD-WAN can do to remove your reliance on MPLS
- Ways to save on Internet and Data costs, and guarantee the performance Of applications that matter most to your business
- understand how to apply Unified Threat Protection as part of a network refresh
- How to use •sandbox security’ to detect and stop Malware and Ransomware throats that are created for your organisation
- Are you securing your remote access/ work from home users?
- Why providing an enterprise level scalable and manageable VPN is only half of the challenge
End Point Protection strategy and mobile device management
How are you protecting your staff’s computers when they work from home?
We will determine:
- Can you enforce that they are running an antivirus client?
- Can you report on anyone who is not running the latest version
- What actions can you automatically take on end users who aren’t compliant?
- How to manage where your corporate data in deployed and how to remove it in the event of an employee leaving or a device being lost or stolen
Two Factor authentication
Do you have two factor authentication enabled across your IT systems?
We will review and discuss:
- How to strengthen your corporate systems against the oldest weakness in IT security – having a password exposed
Security Operations Centre advice
“Security isn’t about being either secure or insecure, it’s about how fast you can move” – ForAllSecure cofounder and CEO David Brumley
How fast can your company currently detect and react to a security compromise?
We review how your company currently
- Manages security threat related inforrnation in a central location
- What is your companies’ capability to identify and react to any threats found
Cloud and Data Centre security advice
Most corporation’s IT solutions are constantly evolving. As you extend your corporate services into the cloud are you extending your security along with them?
We will review
- Your strategy to extend security into your data centre
- Your strategy to extend security into your cloud resources
Interested to know more?
Organise a free Acurus Security Review for your company*
An Acurus Security Review is a free two-hour workshop (Valued at $1500) with our experts to review the fundamentals of your corporate network, security strategy and provides a report on any opportunities for improvement ranked by importance. The security review includes 5 sections as shown below and takes no longer than 2 hours to complete.
What do you get?
You will be given a report of how your company ranks in each of the below sections. A list of improvements that can be made in order of importance and an estimate on costs involved for the work needing to be done to close any gaps found.
*The free Acurus Security Review is available to organisations of 100 seats and up or 30 sites and up only, and your company must be in the market for a security investment.
Book your Security Review now
If you’d like to know more, please enter your details below, and someone from Acurus will get in touch soon.